Sunday 21 January 2018

Mackintosh Thanks

This month's CAS challenge at Happy Little Stampers is Friendship so I decided to use some of my Mackintosh stamps for the card as I love the Rennie Mackintosh style. I clear embossed the image before colouring it with watercolours - this makes it easier to paint as the embossing stops the paint from spreading. I liked the sheen created by the pearl colours although this does not show up very well in my photo.  I mounted the panel on black card and then fixed this to a linen card.

 
 
Materials used:-
Main stamp - from the "Decorative Roses" which was free with the Creative Stamping magazine (May issue 30)
Sentiment stamp - Chocolate Baroque "Mackintosh Sentiments"
Watercolours - Gansai Tambi watercolours and pearl colours
Versafine black onyx ink
 
Thanks for visiting my blog - I really appreciate your comments.  Margaret

2 comments:

  1. Really pretty and coloured beautifully. Love the font of the sentiment, echoes the Mackintosh style brilliantly. Thanks for playing at the HLS CAS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Margaret, my SIL loves Mackintosh, great stamping too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete