Sunday 26 July 2015

Mackintosh flower

I was delighted that my card was selected as one of the top three in last week's Muse challenge - thanks to everyone who voted for it.

Now on to this week's Muse challenge - I loved the beautiful CAS card created by this week's Muse, Anita Bowden.  I was inspired by the colours,  the stylised flowers and the white space on Anita's card and tried to recreate these.  I love the work of the Scottish designer and architect, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, and felt this flower stamp was very similar to his designs. I embossed the flower design and then watercoloured it with distress inks.

I am also going to enter this card into Addicted to Stamps and More CAS challenge #154






















Materials used:-
Stamps - Chocolate Baroque SKL Rose Stem and Mackintosh sentiments; Uniko Studio Lattice Background builders
Distress inks - evergreen bough, seedless preserves and shaded lilac
Black onyx versafine ink and archival ink (watering can)

Thanks for visiting - I really appreciate your comments. Margaret


3 comments:

  1. I also love CRM and immediately thought of his roses when I saw your card! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style of this image and how you used the case card colors. Beautiful CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful flower stamp and I love the way you've coloured it. Great touch with the trellis border along the base too. Thanks so much for playing along at Muse and CASEing my card, and thanks for linking up at ATSM too this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete