Wednesday 24 June 2015

Muse deer

I'm at the last minute with my entry for Muse Christmas Visions this week as I've been away at the St Magnus Festival in Orkney - enjoyed a great weekend of poetry, drama and music. This week's muse is Betty Wright who has created this striking card.  I was inspired by the white deer against the dark blue background and the stitching around the card. I used Brushos to create the background of my card and added a hill for my deer to stand on as I felt it needed to be grounded. I was pleased with the background as it looked a bit like the aurora borealis.


Materials used:-
Brushos and watercolour card
Archival ink - cobalt
Lawn Fawn stitched hillside borders and large stitched rectangle dies
Collage cutz deer set
Dienamics pierced rectangle die
Sentiment - Lakeland (very old!)

Thanks for visiting - now pop over to MCV7 and you may be inspired to start making your Christmas cards! Margaret

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely card! I love the effect of the brushos and how beautiful the colours turned out! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful background perfect backdrop for your deer!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Margaret! I love the background effect, too! Wonderful Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing along at MCV!

    ReplyDelete