Sunday 18 January 2015

Hello

This card was inspired by the photo at the Time Out challenge 22 - I tried to recreate the wood effect and the pattern on the cushions in my card.







I am also going to enter this card into the following challenges:-
  • Darnell's NBUS challenge #3 as I hadn't used the Chocolate Baroque stamps before
  • CASology week 129 where the cue card is NBUS

If you haven't heard of the term NBUS you will need to look on Darnell's blog which is very entertaining!



Materials used:-
Stamps - Chocolate Baroque "Waterlily Mandala" and Hero Arts "Artistic Windows"
Card - Stampin Up crumb cake and vanilla
Inks - Versa craft poppy red, Versa color paprika and white
Memento ink - desert island and bamboo leaves
Die - Lawn Fawn "Scripty hello"

Thanks for visiting my blog - Margaret


4 comments:

  1. I like how you put the wooden element on the bottom instead of at the top! (I think I took it a bit too literally) And the patterns are perfect for the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The patterned tiles mimic the cushions brilliantly, Margaret ... love how the hello pops against the woodgrain banner! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thank you for your kind words, Margaret! And thank you for entering your sensational card in both the CASology and NBUS challenges!! Personally, I think you totally nailed the Time Out inspiration photo! I mean, TOTALLY. Your little square "pillows" are inspired!! Have a great day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the elegant patterns your used on your card. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete